Vital, vivid and engaging, this cluster of ancient kingdoms is home to Gothic cathedrals, stunning mountain ranges, charming seaside towns and buzzing cities. From sampling fresh seafood and delicious cider to walking the medieval pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostela, Footprint's Northern Spain Handbook will help you make the most of your trip.
From the gourmet scene of San Sebastian and Bilbao's iconic Guggenheim museum, to the wild and dramatic coast of Galicia, Footprint's Northern Spain Handbook will ensure that you get the best out of this culturally rich destination.
- In-depth coverage of the region's activities, from skiing and surfing to the best fiestas
- Highlight maps to help you get the best from this vast region
- Exceptional background and history section - from the Reconquista, to pilgrims, to politics
- Where to stay and eat for your budget; also offers information on the best refugios, paradores and sidrerias
- Includes an extra feature on Camino de Santiago